Wrongful death cases are among the most difficult types of personal injury law practice, but wrongful death attorneys in Florida are experts at it. There really is no other type of case that has so much pressure to get it right and absolutely no room for mistakes because there is a grieving family counting on the outcome. It's important to choose the best wrongful death attorney in Florida.
Additionally, these types of cases are also commonly referred to as "survival actions" or personal injury claims brought on behalf of the victim who has survived their injuries but suffered even further with their family being no longer, due to someone else's negligence. As you can see the loss is absolutely devastating for everyone involved.
The attorneys at MLG Injury, P.A., have been fighting for the rights of those who have been injured and their families since 1977. We are a proud Florida law firm that has made a name for ourselves as not only the best wrongful death attorneys in Florida but surrounding states as well. Our motto is "No Recovery – No Fee." This means that there is no money to hire our law firm unless we make a recovery for you.
• Wrongful death settlements in Florida are calculated by the value of the pain and suffering endured prior to death lost wages for surviving spouse/children, loss of companionship experienced by survivors, cost of medical care provided during lifetime or that would have been provided but was not due to defendants' negligence. This should be accompanied by funeral and burial expenses for the decedent which can also include other economic damages such as:
– loss of current income
– loss of future earning capacity and
– replacement services.
• Florida wrongful death settlements are unique to each case and therefore it is difficult to give a specific number as an average settlement value, but it is safe to say that wrongful death settlements in Florida begin at $50,000.00 and can go into the millions depending on all the circumstances surrounding a case.
• It is important to hire a Florida wrongful death attorney immediately after the person has passed due to the statute of limitations which is two years from the date of injury or death, whichever occurs last. This means that if you do not file your lawsuit within this time frame, you may forever lose your ability to recover damages for your loss.
• If you or someone you know has lost a loved one due to the negligence of another person, please do not hesitate to contact our law firm. We are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so do not be afraid to call and ask us any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you soon and we will fight for you as if you were a member of our own family.