What is A Spousal Petition? – Family Immigration Services in Chung, Malhas & Mantel.

Family immigration services in Chung, Malhas & Mantel, PLLC help married couples seeking citizenship or green cards in the United States to stay together. By petitioning a spouse through U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, you can bring your wife into the U.S. as a lawful permanent resident or in other words, get them a green card.

Petitioning a spouse involves filing certain forms for your alien wife or husband to allow them into the United States. If you are a U.S. citizen (or hold a green card), and your spouse resides in another country, you’ll need to file an immigrant visa petition (Form I-130) and pay the filing fee. Contact family immigration services in Chung, Malhas & Mantel, PLLC if you are unsure about how to fill out forms.

All persons applying for spousal petition must complete the following:

Fill out and sign two copies of form G-325A
Include any divorce papers, death certificates, etc. that demonstrate previous marriages are over
Passport-type photos for you and your spouse
Any evidence of legal name changes

U.S. citizens must provide documentation with spousal petition applications. The documentation should be either a valid U.S. passport, U.S. birth certificate, a citizenship certificate or naturalization certificate.

After a U.S. citizen has filed Form I-130, his or her spouse may apply for a nonimmigrant K-3 visa. This entitles the spouse to come to the U.S. to live and work while the visa is pending. You’ll need to file Form I-129F to obtain this benefit. More information on the advantages of K-3 visas is available from immigration services in Chung, Malhas & Mantel, PLLC, an immigration law firm located in Seattle.

Comments are closed.